Offshore Crane Operator
course code: OFFSHORE C/O last edit→ 29.10.2008.
- Legislation and guidelines including LOLER and PUWER
- Pre-shift safety checks
- Correct and safe operating practices
- Emergency shutdown procedures
- Routine maintenance and isolation procedures
- Communications required by banksman/operators
- Inspection of lifting equipment
- Identification of crane types and parts
- Marine terminology and radio procedures
- Principles of crane stability
- Daily and weekly safety and maintenance procedures
- Radius, weight/load indicators
- Limiting devices
- Duties and responsibilities
- Identification card or passport
- Medical exam
- Hold a valid and current certificate for each of the following courses: Basic Safety Training, Radar Observer, Medical First Aid, Advanced Fire Fighting, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Operations other then Fast Rescue Boats
- One year of service aboard MOU’s including at least two month of service as a trainee under the supervision of certified ballast control operator; or
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree from a recognized school of technology and have at least two month of service as a trainee under the supervision of certified ballast control operator.
Minimum number of Attenders
Send this Course
No Scheduled Courses!